Metasploit mailing list archives

Winamp Playlist UNC Path Computer Name Overflow

From: thegnome at nmrc.org (Simple Nomad)
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 11:32:33 -0600

I could use some help testing this module - it works with Winamp 5.12 on
both of my XP and 2000 systems, but seems to have some issues with older
versions of Winamp. If you have some free time and a copy of Winamp
installed, drop the attached file into your exploits directory, give it a
shot, and send me an email off-list with the results.

Oh and forgot to mention earlier, a decent resource for older versions of a
few pieces of software is oldversion.com, in case you guys really want to
test old versions.

No time to reinstall an older version, but 5.12 on XP worked fine and 5.13
seems to correct the problem (both with DEP disabled).

--
# Simple Nomad, C?ISSP  --  thegnome at nmrc.org        #
# C1B1 E749 25DF 867C 36D4  1E14 247A A4BD 6838 F11D #