Metasploit mailing list archives

demo code needed for starting ...

From: Daniel.Renaud at lqt.ca (Daniel Renaud)
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 11:26:00 -0400

Hi,

I tried the demo code in sdk/docs but it doesn't work for me on CentOS
4.1 Linux (RedHat ES 4.1 clone).  I can compile and get the segfault but
I can't get the offset with patternOffset.pl

0x080486a6 in main ()
(gdb) return
Make selected stack frame return now? (y or n) y
Cannot access memory at address 0x41346341

I first tried "patternOffset.pl" with address 0x080486a6 but nothing
return with this address.  But I got a return value of 72 with this
other address 0x41346341.

I replace the value "76" with "72" in the vuln1_2.pm and run the exploit
vuln1_2.pm but I can't get a shell back (using the good payload and
setup).  It look like the demo code can't work woth CentOS 4.1.

Can someone send me a clue or some new demo code that I can try ?

Thanks

Daniel

--
Daniel Renaud                    LQT Systems Inc.
                                 1535, chemin Ste-Foy, Bur. 260

PGP Pub Key : http://www.lqt.ca/pubkeys/dre.key