Metasploit mailing list archives

Problem with cygwin1.dll ver 1.5.18

From: hdm at metasploit.com (H D Moore)
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 08:57:08 -0500

Ah, the reason that this happens is that we actual install a modified
version of the Cygwin DLL that uses a different registry path for
configuration. Copying the DLL alone wont work, but copying it, then
opening it in a hex edit, changing the registry path to match, should :-)

Excuse our ghettoness, this shouldn't be a problem for version 3.0 (45,000
lines and counting, woop!)

-HD