Metasploit mailing list archives

Problem with cygwin1.dll ver 1.5.18

From: carvalhosmar at hotmail.com (mc)
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 10:52:27 +0100

Hello folks,
The error message that I'm getting is this :

"C:\Program Files\Metasploit Framework\bin\bash.exe (916): *** system shared
me
ry version mismatch detected - 0x75BE0074/0xFFFF0080.
This problem is probably due to using incompatible versions of the cygwin
DLL."

After copying the latest version of cygwin1.dll into the MSF directory I get
this error message when I run msfconsole, msfweb or msfupdate:

"bash2.05 Unable to locate /home/msfconsole"

I don't know if there is any problem with the path because it cannot find
the /home directory from the shell

Regards,
MC