Metasploit mailing list archives

Suggestion : Providing the DATE for exploits

From: tnagareshwar at gmail.com (Nagareshwar Talekar)
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2005 18:20:00 +0530

Hi Moore...

After going through the source code i found out where to make the changes to
incorporate date field....

These are the places where the changes have to be done.
1) File : \home\framework\lib\Msf\module.pm
$a=> New line is added to the my $defaults ={
'BirthDate' => 'Unknown',

}
$b => Under "# Generic Accessors" new sub function is added
sub BirthDate { my $self = shift; return($self->Info->{'BirthDate'}); }

2) File : \home\framework\lib\Msf\textui.pm

$a => Modified the function "DumpExploits "
For loop is modified to show the date field after the $mod_file field.

foreach my $mod_file (sort keys %{$exploits}) {
my $mod_class = $exploits->{$mod_file}->ModuleClass;
my $mod_name = $exploits->{$mod_file}->Name;
my $mod_date = $exploits->{$mod_file}->BirthDate;

# Only display modules belonging to this class
if ($class) {
next if $class ne $mod_class;
$col->AddRow($mod_file, $mod_date, $mod_name);
}
# Otherwise display all exploits and a column with the class identifier
else {
$col->AddRow($mod_file, $mod_date, $mod_name);
}
}

$b => Modified function "DumpExploitSummary"
New line is added to show the date field for the exploit
 $output .= ' BirthDate: ' . $exploit->BirthDate . "\n";

3) Exploit module has to be updated
All the previous exploit module should have one more field under my $info =
 'BirthDate' => '' 1-10-2005',
Any new exploit developer , just have to include this field in their module.

Let me know if there are any changes to be done apart from that..

Now the question is to add the updated files to new database. If any
developer is willing to do this then this information will be helpful to
them. Otherwise i can takeup the task...

Thank you.