Metasploit mailing list archives

2.4 Metasploit Issue/Question

From: tbrennan at datasafeservices.com (Thomas Brennan)
Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2005 08:10:04 -0400

I am personally new to the Metasploit framework and after BH/2005 and
was very impressed with the projects progress. (Kudos to the project
team!)

I hagve perrhaps a simple question for those with the foo.

- Question
I am testing the 2.4 Metasploit framework on XP SP2 as a platform and
have RTFM'ed the supplied doc.

The issue I have is when launching MSFWeb it fails and provides the
following message:

"+----=[ Metasploit Framework Web Interface (127.0.0.1:55555)

ERROR: the specified cache directory is not accessible: Permission
denied"

Based on MSFConsole version it shows ver., 1.97 and it does provides the
splash screen when loaded.

Odd issue is that I have a local security policy to audit failed object
access hence I would hope to have event information -- no such luck...

Appreciate the guidance in advance and if there is a FAQ that solves
this question, I please email me a link to such.

-tc