Metasploit mailing list archives

msfcli loop string

From: mmiller at hick.org (mmiller at hick.org)
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2005 10:20:13 -0500

On Tue, Aug 02, 2005 at 03:07:01PM +0200, Sebastiaan Veenstra wrote:
Hi,

I'm currently working on some kind of penetration framework. So far,
I've implemented the program in Perl. But recently I noticed the new
metasploit version will be implemented in Ruby instead of Perl. Can
someone tell me why this switch of language will be taken?

We've gotten a lot of questions of this nature.  We're planning on
putting a "Why Ruby?" answer section on the website at some point in the
future to save time in having to repeat ourselves :)