Metasploit mailing list archives

two things

From: mmiller at hick.org (mmiller at hick.org)
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 21:34:18 -0500

On Mon, Jul 11, 2005 at 05:16:55PM -0500, lists at syn-recon.net wrote:
Two quick things,

first, hows 3 comin along, any predictions about when it will be
released (late summer, fall ?) Looking forward to it of course :)  Since
 3 is ruby based i take it the exploits need to be rewritten in ruby
also ? Or is just the console being redone in ruby ?

We don't have a solid release schedule for 3 yet, but we're making
progress.  Things are starting to come together.  As for exploit
modules, all of the existing stuff will need to be ported to ruby.
Though this might seem a bit daunting, we're hoping that it wont be too
bad.  The hardest part will be testing them all, but it will be a good
thing, because we're hoping to have unit tests for every exploit so that
we can (as much as possible) do automated testing of exploits before
each release.

We should have some more information about timeline in the next few
weeks hopefully.