Metasploit mailing list archives

Windows Recv Tag Findsock Meterpreter payload

From: cbyrd01 at yahoo.com (Chris Byrd)
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 11:21:41 -0700 (PDT)

I just went through all of the win32/x86 exploits,
none would allow the selection of
win32_findrecv_ord_meterpreter.  Perhaps the payload
is broken, or for academic purposes only?

- Chris

--- vlad902 <vlad902 at gmail.com> wrote:
On 4/28/05, Chris Byrd <cbyrd01 at yahoo.com> wrote:
In the documentation for Meterpreter, a payload is
mentioned, win32_findrecv_ord_meterpreter, that
has
the ability to use the exploit socket for
communication.  This is intriguing to me, and I'd
like
to include it in an upcoming demonstration.

However, I have been unable to select
win32_findrecv_ord_meterpreter as a payload. I
have
tried with most win32 exploits.  Any advice on how
use this payload would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris

Make Yahoo! your home page
http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

findsock payloads are only available with some
exploits, and ordinals
ones less so... If it doesn't work use another
payload or use another
exploit.

-vlad902