Metasploit mailing list archives

VNC payloads

From: ramatkal at hotmail.com (RaMatkal)
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2004 10:39:47 +0200

Im having a few probs with VNC payloads.....

Running updated framework 2.2 on Fedora Core 2. I've tried running various exploits(DCOM & LSASS) using the VNC bind &
reverse payloads against a win2k SP3 machine runnnig on VMWare.

I set LHOST & RHOST and use the default options (AUTOVNC=1) however the vnc viewer never launches.

Metasploit gives ouput like the following:
starting reverse handler
detected a windows 2000 target
sending 8 DCE request fragments
sending the final DCE fragment
Got connections from XXXX
sending stage (2893 bytes)
Sleeping before sending dll
uploading DLL to memory, please wait
VNC proxy listening on port 5900

Then i get a "Metasploit courtesy shell(TM)" on the exploited Win2k SP3 machine??

Do the VNC payloads work running from a linux machine??

Thanks,