Metasploit mailing list archives

Re: vnc reverse question

From: hdm at metasploit.com (H D Moore)
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 13:12:42 -0500

The only Windows payloads which have the ability to modify the system are:
- win32_exec: executes whatever command you want, which could modify..
- win32_adduser: creates a new local user account on the system
- win32_*_uploadexec: uploads a file to c:\metasploit.exe and executes it

After exploit certain system-level flaws, you should reboot the system to
prevent any in-memory modifications from causing a crash at a later date.
For instance, if you use the LSASS or MS03-026 exploits on an active
domain controller, there is a small chance the system will crash sometime
after you have exited your shell/pay/load/vnc session. If you are testing
production systems, make sure you are able to reboot them after a
successful exploit session.

Er, so yeah, what mmiller said :)

-HD