Metasploit mailing list archives

Bug Payload.

From: ralph at inputplus.co.uk (Ralph Corderoy)
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2004 11:49:20 +0100

Hi Steve,

Steve Bonds wrote:
On Fri, 13 Aug 2004, Ralph Corderoy ralph-at-inputplus.co.uk |Metasploit|
wrote:
I've just come across Metasploit and thought I'd pipe up about a
payload I've often considered.  Lots of PCs have a microphone, one
way or another.  Streaming audio from the target host would be a
serious security compromise in many situations, e.g. I telephone an
estate agent, make an offer on the property, and then his PC
eavesdrops on his telephone conversation with the vendor.

It seems to me that if you wanted to demonstrate this, it could easily
be done by uploading the appropriate program/script and running it,
which is already build into metasploit.

The framework is used to provide access, what you do from there is
left up to you.  ;-)

You're quite right, of course.  I did realise that.  I just hadn't heard
of it being done and thought I'd mention it to those interested in the
impact of insecure machines.

If I could code for Win32 instead of Unix I'd have probably tried it by
now.  :-)

Cheers,

Ralph.