Metasploit mailing list archives

Bug Payload.

From: j4wtllv02 at sneakemail.com (Steve Bonds)
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 09:10:31 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004, Ralph Corderoy ralph-at-inputplus.co.uk |Metasploit|
wrote:

I've just come across Metasploit and thought I'd pipe up about a payload
I've often considered.  Lots of PCs have a microphone, one way or
another.  Streaming audio from the target host would be a serious
security compromise in many situations, e.g. I telephone an estate
agent, make an offer on the property, and then his PC eavesdrops on his
telephone conversation with the vendor.

It seems to me that if you wanted to demonstrate this, it could easily be
done by uploading the appropriate program/script and running it, which is
already build into metasploit.

The framework is used to provide access, what you do from there is left up
to you.  ;-)

  -- Steve