Information Security News mailing list archives

THOTCON Needs Your Help!

From: InfoSec News <alerts () infosecnews org>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 06:16:57 +0000 (UTC)

Forwarded from: c7five <c7five (at) thotcon.org>

Greetings,

THOTCON is gearing up for the best conference in our 5 year history. It is going to be held at a secret Chicago location on April 25th, 2014.

We need the community's help to make our funding and planning goals. You can help in the following ways:

1. Buy a Ticket - If you are planning to attend, please consider buying your ticket early. We have some special projects planned around the badges and your ticket purchase helps provide the funds we need now to make the project happen. General Admittance tickets go on sales for $100.00 on 12/1/2013. VIPs are on sale now. Visit http://tickets.thotcon.org to purchase.

2. Submit a Talk or Ask Someone to Submit - The conference agenda is only as good as the CFP entries we receive. Please consider submitting talk. The CFP closes on 12/31/2013. Details can be found here: http://thotcon.org/cfp

3. Design Our Shirt - This years theme is the Number 5. If have design skillz, send us your ideas and you could win a free VIP ticket to the conference. We typically select 2 or 3 designs to use on the shirt and other swag provided at the conference. Email us at contests () thotcon org if you are interested in helping.

If you are still reading this and thinking WTF do I get at THOTCON for my ticket purchase. Well, here you go:

- Entrance to the conference (20 talks & 3 workshops) and the after party (food
  and drinks)
- Conference T-Shirt, stickers, and other Swag
- THOTCON Badge (last year's badge was a custom Arduino board that could be
  used for projects after the con; this
  year's will be better)
- Ability to purchase Chicago craft beer and mix drinks from 8am to 9pm if you
  desire
- Ability to purchase great food and snacks all day
- Access to our village with lock picks, hardware hacks, Mario Cart races, and
  more.

In addition to above, the VIP and Speakers get:
- Access to a private lounge / chill out area
- Free beer and mix drinks all day
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks (all day)
- A different color badge from the GAs (green for VIP and blue for Speakers)

Hope to see you there!

--c7five

--
Dean Bushmiller teaches a great 5-Day CISM in Albany NY Dec. 2 – 6.
Call 327-937-9786 for details.