Information Security News mailing list archives

Amy's Baking Company Says 'We Were Hacked!' Following Yesterday's Scorched Earth Campaign

From: InfoSec News <alerts () infosecnews org>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2013 01:38:07 -0500 (CDT)

http://www.tucsonweekly.com/TheRange/archives/2013/05/14/amys-baking-company-chooses-we-were-hacked-as-their-damage-control-response

By David Mendez
Tucson Weekly
May 14, 2013

So, the folks at Amy's Baking Company have chosen to go the honorable route following the social media meltdown [1] that took place yesterday on the company's Twitter, Facebook and Yelp accounts: they've blamed it all on hackers [2].

Sorry, did I say "honorable"? I meant to say that they offered the lamest excuse possible; one taken by numerous athletes, celebrities and general fools who have gone on ill-advised rampages against friends and haters alike.

And honestly, I might be inclined to believe the folks at Amy's, were it not for the documented-by-video-camera freakouts in which they fired an employee for asking a question ("she had an attitude," owner Amy Bouzaglo claimed/shouted)[3].

[1]
http://www.forbes.com/sites/kellyclay/2013/05/14/lessons-from-amys-baking-company-six-things-you-should-never-do-on-social-media/
[2] https://www.facebook.com/amysbakingco/posts/10151534574027900
[3] http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/14/amys-baking-company-kitchen-nightmares_n_3274345.html

[...]

Visit the InfoSec News Security Bookstore
Best Selling Security Books and More!
http://www.shopinfosecnews.org