Information Security News mailing list archives

Intellnet to go down?

From: InfoSec News <isn () c4i org>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 01:40:09 -0500 (CDT)

I got word of this eariler in the week, it will be sad to see another
quality free site shut down due to lack of funds. Intellnet was one of
the few sites during September 11th to provider news when all the
other major news sites were overwelmed with traffic.  - WK

http://www.intellnet.org/about/whatsnew.html

In approximately 3 weeks (around November 11) IntellNet will be taken
down. Due to changes in ownership and management of the company
hosting our site, the new prices cannot be met by the person leasing
the space and bandwith for this server. For all of you who have
enjoyed the contribution we have attempted to make to the publics
"need to know", I hope you were pleased with the site over the course
of the last three years. Additionally, if there is anyone out there
willing to help the site, please email me bjisoldi () acsu buffalo edu. I
am looking for a colo facility willing to host my server for free (or
nearly free) or a person who understands the value in this site who
would be willing to subsidize the monthly colo payments. Such a
donation would allow the site to remain online and allow us to
continue contributing. Otherwise, it has been a pleasure to work for
the public to disseminate to them the information they needed.

-
ISN is currently hosted by Attrition.org

To unsubscribe email majordomo () attrition org with 'unsubscribe isn'
in the BODY of the mail.