Information Security News mailing list archives

University of Idaho Workshop on Computer Forensics

From: InfoSec News <isn () c4i org>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 10:58:52 -0500 (CDT)

Forwarded from: Deb Frincke <director () csds uidaho edu>

Hello all,

We're hosting a workshop on Computer Forensics as part of a DoD grant
at the University of Idaho, September 23/24/25

http://www.csds.uidaho.edu/workshop/forensics

The workshop includes an intense overview of Computer Forensics as a
field (by Sujeet Shenoi of Tulsa), a speakers on aspects of Computer
Forensics ranging from the legal to the technical, and presentations
of research/teaching examples.  Our target audience is primarily those
educators and student researchers who wish to rapidly gain a broad
perspective on teaching and research in the field. Practitioners,
especially those just entering the field, are also very welcome.

Due to the generosity of our sponsors, I'm able to offer several
scholarships to academics (faculty and students) to assist with the
costs of travel and lodging. We're primarily allocating them to
faculty considering teaching a computer forensics course,
students/faculty beginning research in the area who would benefit from
a broad overview, and speakers who are presenting their research at
our workshop (speaker slots still open).

If you are interested, please contact me at director () csds uidaho edu,
or my assistant Karen Cassil at karen () csds uidaho edu.

Thanks,
Deb Frincke
Director, Center for Secure and Dependable Systems
University of Idaho
Moscow, Idaho 83844-1010

-
ISN is currently hosted by Attrition.org

To unsubscribe email majordomo () attrition org with 'unsubscribe isn'
in the BODY of the mail.