Information Security News mailing list archives

More DMCA fratricide

From: InfoSec News <isn () c4i org>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2001 04:26:48 -0500 (CDT)

Forwarded from: George Bakos <alpinista () bigfoot com>

Thank our good Lord that the guardians of our precious commercial
shortsightedness saw fit to pass the DMCA.

Fred Cohen has pulled ForensiX. http://all.net/ForensiX

Now it is directly affecting forensic investigations. Next comes ISS
scanner, NAI Sniffer Pro, nmap, snort, lsof, ps, ........ the power
button.

Let's grow up, people.

George Bakos
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 It is difficult to say what is impossible, for the dream
 of yesterday is the hope of today and reality of tomorrow.
 - Robert Goddard
 To request PGP public key,
 mailto:alpinista () bigfoot com?subject=sendpubkey
 or http://pgpkeys.mit.edu:11371/

-
ISN is currently hosted by Attrition.org

To unsubscribe email majordomo () attrition org with 'unsubscribe isn' in the BODY
of the mail.