Information Security News mailing list archives

Re: From convicted hacker to dotcom backer

From: "Robert G. Ferrell" <root () rgfsparc cr usgs gov>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 07:33:12 -0600

In reality, Kim has sold the data of his customers (the very data they
hired him to protect) and he was punished for it by a German court.

I haven't heard much about Kimble lately (until now), but I remember he used
to be known mostly for stealing and selling PBX codes and for some social
engineering at the Munich airport.  If you take a careful look at the hype
concerning him available on the Internet and trace it back far enough, you'll
see that much of it was generated by him .  At least the English language
material; I don't read German well enough to be able discern the origin of
those articles.

The noblest study of Man is Man, says Man.

Cheers,

RGF

Robert G. Ferrell, CISSP