Information Security News mailing list archives

Re: From convicted hacker to dotcom backer

From: InfoSec News <isn () C4I ORG>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 00:45:36 -0600

Forwarded by: Felix von Leitner <leitner () vim org>

Thus spake InfoSec News (isn () C4I ORG):

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/et?ac=003100565149417&rtmo=VDwSs3gK&atmo=hhhhhhhe&pg=/et/01/1/28/ccprof28.html

Sunday 28 January 2001

Kim Schmitz has broken into computers at the Pentagon and Nasa and
raided Citibank's coffers.

None of this has any bearance to reality.

In reality, Kim has sold the data of his customers (the very data they
hired him to protect) and he was punished for it by a German court.

To my knowledge, none of his venture capital funded companies is
turning up a profit.  I don't know of this LetsBuyIt thing is just a
PR gag to keep people talking about him or if it's an insider stock
trading scheme.  We will know soon, I guess.

Felix

ISN is hosted by SecurityFocus.com
---
To unsubscribe email LISTSERV () SecurityFocus com with a message body of
"SIGNOFF ISN".