Information Security News mailing list archives

Re: Sample of Chinese Bank Intelligence.

From: InfoSec News <isn () C4I ORG>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 01:16:11 -0500

Forwarded By: Charles R King <crking () raytheon com>

Check it out.  Here's Cryptome's latest posting...

http://cryptome.org/cn-bank-intel.htm

9 September 2000:

Cryptome believes the offer of Chinese bank intelligence is surely a
sting operation to entrap anyone who mistakenly believes it is a
genuine offer. We are aware that such entrapment is practiced around
the Net, both by governments and private organizations, including
banks and their security teams.

The material has been removed to avoid assisting entrapment.

William Knowles wrote:

Well after posting this earlier in the week, We have had a few
inquires on if this is real or not, So taking my daily peek at the
latest intelligence documents flinched from around the world comes
this posting below.

I would be curious if anyone on the list can translate from Chinese to
English what the Excel document says.

ISN is hosted by SecurityFocus.com
---
To unsubscribe email LISTSERV () SecurityFocus com with a message body of
"SIGNOFF ISN".