Information Security News mailing list archives

Re: Website hacked after nine million attempts

From: Phillip Renouf <phillip () ALTERNATIVE CA>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2000 00:25:05 -0400

n1nor, who in the defacement said: "I could have sworn this site was
deemed unhackable," was credited by Vranesevich for cracking
AntiOnline's defences - which security experts have said are usually
very tight.

I'd really like to know which security experts have actually said this, no
one ever seems to offer up names for this claim.

"The dedication and amount of time that you [n1nor] spent discovering
and exploiting this vulnerability is as impressive as it is
scary," said Vranesevich in his message.

I was under the impression it wasn't a new or ground breaking hack, just
JP's sloppy code. Here is that MS school of PR rearing it's head again.

Phil

ISN is hosted by SecurityFocus.com
---
To unsubscribe email LISTSERV () SecurityFocus com with a message body of
"SIGNOFF ISN".