Information Security News mailing list archives

(Humor) Upcoming In the Dummies Series.

From: William Knowles <wk () C4I ORG>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 12:39:57 -0500

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 11:51:41 -0700
From: glen mccready <gkm () blackdown org>
To: 0xdeadbeef () blackdown org
Subject: Upcoming In the Dummies Series.

Forwarded-by: Nev Dull <nev () bostic com>
Forwarded-by: Peter Langston <psl () acm org>
Forwarded-by: Gene Spafford <spaf () cerias purdue edu>
From: "Michael L. Cook" <MLCook () collins rockwell com>

I haven't seen anything similar to this yet, so I'll claim originality
and get this in writing.

I'm considering jumping on the bandwagon and writing a new book with
the title "Ventriloquism for Dummies".

This will either be an introduction to ventriloquism for beginners, or
a management consultant's guide on how to indirectly change corporate
workings through the selected use of company memos, CEO speeches,
house newsletters, and rumor.

After that, it's "Crash Testing for Dummies", in which I either
document how the U.S. government performs and analyzes automobile test
crashes for safety reasons, or I document Mr. Spafford's use, misuse,
and overuse of his home personal computer system, and how he analyzes
himself as a security threat to his own system.

ISN is sponsored by SecurityFocus.com
---
To unsubscribe email LISTSERV () SecurityFocus com with a message body of
"SIGNOFF ISN".