Interesting People mailing list archives

vis-a-vis a Government-Backed 5G vs. private enterprise network -- which is better equipped to build out truly national coverage?

From: "Dave Farber" <dave () farber net>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2018 00:34:24 +0000

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Andrew Seybold <aseybold () andrewseybold com>
Date: Mon, Jan 29, 2018 at 6:16 PM
Subject: RE: vis-a-vis a Government-Backed 5G vs. private enterprise
network -- which is better equipped to build out truly national coverage?
To: the keyboard of geoff goodfellow <geoff () iconia com>
CC: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>

Geoff, thanks and I already received a note that I am signed up, been a
long time and I will be active.

OK-so every Thursday I publish a blog called the Public Safety Advocate at
it resides at allthingsfirstnet.com. It is also posted on Linked in and
Twitter. I have been doing this weekly since 2010

My next PSA this Thursday deals with the rural coverage issues specifically
as opposed to the highway issues. However, when FirstNet, the Authority bid
the FirstNet network they describe rural coverage in 3 segments, two of
which have to be covered.

First are the rural communities, next up is the interstates that run
through rural areas and the third to be covered on an as needed basis is
what is called wilderness

And to answer your question yes what ever AT&T covers the others are almost
forced to cover.

At this point—my unofficial rating of the networks and their coverage based
on nationwide coverage is

Verzion about 10% better than AT&T

T-Mobile a close third

Sprint a distance 4th.

FirstNet (AT&T) is also required to work with rural telcos for more
coverage

Andy