Interesting People mailing list archives

Re North Carolina is no longer classified as a democracy

From: "Dave Farber" <farber () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2018 15:21:21 -0500

Begin forwarded message:

From: Charles Jackson <clj () jacksons net>
Date: January 2, 2018 at 2:52:28 PM EST
To: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Subject: Re: [IP] North Carolina is no longer classified as a democracy

North Carolina not a democracy.  Perhaps.  But, EIP not a solid academic enterprise.  Maybe so.

But see that bastion of right-wing analysis Slate for an alternate view:

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2017/01/the_bogus_claim_that_north_carolina_is_no_longer_a_democracy.html

​The subhead reads:
No, North Korea isn’t more democratic than the Tar Heel State.

​See also:

http://andrewgelman.com/2017/09/08/much-backscratching-happy-talk-junk-science-gets-share-reputation-respected-universities/
and
​