Interesting People mailing list archives

Re Chelsea Manning on the far right, state surveillance and their lessons for Australia | US news | The Guardian

From: "Dave Farber" <farber () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2018 15:38:40 +0900

Begin forwarded message:

From: Joly MacFie <joly.nyc () gmail com>
Subject: Re: [IP] Chelsea Manning on the far right, state surveillance and their lessons for Australia | US news |
The Guardian
Date: August 9, 2018 15:22:45 JST
To: dave <dave () farber net>
Cc: ip <ip () listbox com>

Hi Dave
I just streamed Chelsea from HOPE in NYC
https://livestream.com/internetsociety/hope/videos/178076615
<https://livestream.com/internetsociety/hope/videos/178076615>

One remark she made particularly struck me, as I heard the same practically word-for-word from you at NYU last Nov.

She warned that quantum computing can and will easily defeat most current forms of encryption, so we'd better put our
thinking caps on, and come up with something better!

joly