Interesting People mailing list archives

Re NYTimes: Why Silicon Valley Shouldn’t Work With the Pentagon

From: "Dave Farber" <farber () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2018 18:54:10 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: David Austin <daustin () bible org>
Date: April 19, 2018 at 6:08:13 PM EDT
To: dave () farber net
Subject: Re: [IP] NYTimes: Why Silicon Valley Shouldn’t Work With the Pentagon

this article is so off base its not funny, especially the quote "Yet the Pentagon itself sloughed off the internet —
not knowing quite what to do with it," This is completely not true as parts of DOD were funding BBN buying IMP's
developing and deploying asynchronous crypto's to be used to encrypt parts of a private Internet to serve classified
worldwide programs. DOD now and then partners with industry to work on their problems just as different commerical
sectors partner with industry to solve their problems

David Austin
retired DOD
now with Bible.org (see our 16,000+ articles on Bible.org and our world class Bible Study tool for free)
God Bless
-----