Interesting People mailing list archives

Re What's Apple Up To?

From: "Dave Farber" <farber () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2017 18:47:24 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: james.morris () cmu edu
Date: October 23, 2017 at 5:45:03 PM EDT
To: "David J. Farber (E-mail)" <dave () farber net>
Subject: Re: [IP] What's Apple Up To?

This is indeed interesting, especially the part after the [snip] where Apple's motivation to disrupt Google's
business is discussed.

Aside from Apple vs. Google, I sense that Apple aims to serve people who prefer a more walled garden that protects
them from the raw internet. I began to think this when they fought the FBI about decrypting an iPhone. I think there
are a lot of people seeking refuge....