Interesting People mailing list archives

International Passengers Arriving at JFK T4 May Bypass Customs Baggage Inspection Under ‘Modified Egress’ Program

From: "Dave Farber" <farber () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2017 13:51:50 -0500

Begin forwarded message:

From: jonathan.spira () accuramediagroup com
Date: June 20, 2017 at 1:35:38 PM CDT
To: dfarber <dave () farber net>
Subject: International Passengers Arriving at JFK T4 May Bypass Customs Baggage Inspection Under ‘Modified Egress’
Program

Dave,

For IP if you wish.

I'm looking forward to this since I enter the U.S. via T4 more than any other terminal in the U.S. and officials at
JFK told me it will speed things up for Global Entry passengers as well as others.

International Passengers Arriving at JFK T4 May Bypass Customs Baggage Inspection Under ‘Modified Egress’ Program
http://accura.cc/d7y9p6

Passengers arriving at John F. Kennedy International Airport’s Terminal 4 will soon be able to bypass the bottleneck
of a secondary inspection after retrieving baggage.
The program, called “modified egress,” is a change in U.S. Customs and Border Protection exit controls that will
allow most passengers to collect their baggage and leave the Federal Inspection Area unless instructed otherwise by a
CBP officer...

<SNIP>

Regards/Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Szívélyes üdvözlet/Cordialement/Cordiali saluti/Saludos/Vänliga hälsningar

/s/ Jonathan