Interesting People mailing list archives

Re Trump Tweets Are Now ???Official Statements??? From President; He May Live-Tweet During James Comey???s Hearing

From: "Dave Farber" <dave () farber net>
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2017 23:19:59 +0000

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Rich Kulawiec <rsk () gsp org>
Date: Tue, Jun 6, 2017 at 6:51 PM
Subject: Re: [IP] Trump Tweets Are Now ???Official Statements??? From
President; He May Live-Tweet During James Comey???s Hearing
To: <dave () farber net>

(for IP, if you wish)

Since these are now acknowledged as official statements, and mindful
of the Presidential Records Act of 1978 (44 U.S.C. 2201-2209)
 I'd like to ask the following (possibly poorly-phrased) questions
of the attorneys reading this:

(1) Will he be breaking federal law if he deletes them?
(2) Has he broken federal law by previously deleting them?
(3) Must he unblock the people he's blocked?
(4) Is he obligated to compose and transmit them from a secure device?
(5) What if that device isn't secure? [*]
(6) What government entity will be archiving these?
(7) Will citizens be able to access that archive via FOIA?
(8) Since the PRA stipulates that VP records must be treated the
        same way, is Pence now covered by all this as well?

[*] I'm not an attorney, but I do work in security.  The President's
phone just became the biggest target on the planet.  How many billion
dollars would it be worth to any government which could take control of it?

---rsk