Interesting People mailing list archives

The high-tech jobs that created India's gilded generation are disappearing

From: "Dave Farber" <dave () farber net>
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2017 02:29:32 +0000

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Lauren Weinstein <lauren () vortex com>
Date: Sat, Jun 24, 2017 at 6:28 PM
Subject: [ NNSquad ] The high-tech jobs that created India's gilded
generation are disappearing
To: <nnsquad () nnsquad org>

The high-tech jobs that created India's gilded generation are disappearing

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/asia_pacific/the-high-tech-jobs-that-created-indias-gilded-generation-are-disappearing/2017/06/22/815f1d0e-5588-11e7-9e18-968f6ad1e1d3_story.html

        Vinod said companies are masking layoffs as voluntary
        resignations based on poor performance ratings. "They put
        pressure on employees every day, saying: Resign -- or we will
        terminate you," he said. "It allows the company to downsize
        without giving the proper compensation."  A former employee at
        Cognizant, Uthamacholan R. said he was asked to resign after
        he received a low performance rating from someone who had
        never worked with him. "I was rated by my manager's manager,
        who didn't even know what my job title was," he said.  Others
        at his company had also been rated unfairly and then pressured
        to hand in resignations based on poor appraisals, he said.
        "They are given quotas -- like out of 10 people, you have to
        give two poor ratings."

 - - -

--Lauren--
Lauren Weinstein (lauren () vortex com): https://www.vortex.com/lauren
Lauren's Blog: https://lauren.vortex.com
Founder: Network Neutrality Squad: https://www.nnsquad.org
         PRIVACY Forum: https://www.vortex.com/privacy-info
Co-Founder: People For Internet Responsibility:
https://www.pfir.org/pfir-info
Google+: https://google.com/+LaurenWeinstein
Tel: +1 (818) 225-2800
--- Impeach Trump ---