Interesting People mailing list archives

Re Sign onto EFF's comment to the FCC on their net neutrality proposal

From: "Dave Farber" <farber () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2017 18:56:27 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Brett Glass <brett () lariat net>
Date: July 6, 2017 at 5:32:59 PM EDT
To: dave () farber net
Subject: Re: [IP] Sign onto EFF's comment to the FCC on their net neutrality proposal

Dave, and everyone:

In the interest of equal time and full disclosure, everyone on the list deserves to read -- and have an opportunity
to sign onto -- comments which have been filed  by the hard working ISPs and network engineers who actually do the
hard work of bringing Internet to end users. These comments can be found at

https://ecfsapi.fcc.gov/file/1050997938918/70%20WISPS%20Letter.pdf

and

https://ecfsapi.fcc.gov/file/1051164734733/Ex%20parte%20letter%20-%20Reversal%20of%20Open%20Internet%20Order.pdf

and explain in detail why the findings contained in the FCC's Notice of Proposed Rule Making are correct and
pertinent. (Readers should also read the FCC's fact sheet, which summarizes the NPRM, at

https://apps.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-344614A1.pdf

to get the whole story.)

My small, innovative wireless ISP -- the first of what is now an entire industry -- never could have started had the
regulations for which EFF is advocating were in place. And it is in jeopardy of having to shutter its doors and leave
thousands of users without Internet connectivity should the regulations remain in place. I urge readers of this list
to consider our situation before signing onto a document put forth by a lobbying group which has no actual experience
in providing Internet to the public but only in lobbying for its benefactors' agendas.

--Brett Glass