Interesting People mailing list archives

FwRe MUST READ: NYTimes: Cyberwar for Sale

From: "Dave Farber" <dave () farber net>
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2017 23:16:01 +0000

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Lance Wiggs <lance () lancewiggs com>
Date: Wed, Jan 4, 2017 at 6:13 PM
Subject: Re: [IP] Re MUST READ: NYTimes: Cyberwar for Sale
To: <dave () farber net>
Cc: ip <ip () listbox com>

Obviously we need more than just MFA. But MFA stops a lot of attack
vectors, and as you say, mobile phones make it far less annoying than
carrying a fob. So why not use it?

Because MFA is very painful to use, and there are so many apps with so many
devices that we would be overwhelmed. Companies like Thisdata.com (our fund
is an investor) are trying to solve some of the issue, and aim for a
login-free future where the security layer has enough context to be able to
authenticate.

*Lance Wiggs*
@lancewiggs, lancewiggs.com
+64 21 526239