Interesting People mailing list archives

Re Trump questions quest for cybersecurity: 'No computer is safe'

From: "Dave Farber" <farber () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2017 09:34:08 -0500

Begin forwarded message:

From: Dave Crocker <dcrocker () gmail com>
Date: January 3, 2017 at 9:30:14 AM EST
To: Bob Frankston <Bob19-0501 () bobf frankston com>
Cc: dave () farber net, ip <ip () listbox com>
Subject: Re: [IP] Trump questions quest for cybersecurity: 'No computer is safe'

On 1/2/2017 8:13 AM, Bob Frankston wrote:
Focus is important which is why responded to this as a leverage point and close related to rationalizing away the
Russian entanglement.  We can't let that pass.

What do you think the focus should be?

One answer to your question:

    To Stop Trump, Democrats Can Learn From the Tea Party

    By EZRA LEVIN, LEAH GREENBERG and ANGEL PADILLA

http://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/02/opinion/to-stop-trump-democrats-can-learn-from-the-tea-party.html?emc=edit_th_20170103&nl=todaysheadlines&nlid=23438880&_r=0

    "But Americans have the power to resist this dangerous turn. We know because we’ve seen it before.
    "In August, routine hometown events got unexpectedly rough for members of Congress. At a neighborhood event at
Randalls, a grocery store in Austin, Tex., Congressman Lloyd Doggett came face to face with a group of “tea party
patriots,” carrying signs that said “No Socialized Health Care.” In Austin — and in congressional districts across
the country — the tea partyers chanted what became their battle cry: “Just say no!”

    "Their tactics weren’t fancy: They just showed up on their own home turf, and they just said no."

d/
--

 Dave Crocker
 Brandenburg InternetWorking