Interesting People mailing list archives

Re Push is underway in several states to criminalize peaceful protesting & halt it

From: "Dave Farber" <dave () farber net>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2017 09:57:24 +0000

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Hasan Diwan <hasan.diwan () gmail com>
Date: Thu, Jan 26, 2017 at 4:55 AM
Subject: Re: [IP] Re Push is underway in several states to criminalize
peaceful protesting & halt it
To: dave () farber net <dave () farber net>

On 26 January 2017 at 01:45, Dave Farber <dave () farber net> wrote:

You and I don't necessarily agree with what is being proposed right now,
but I am tired of false claims about Constitutional content being used to
fuel further anger. If we don't like what is missing from the Constitution,
we should work to change it, rather than to pretend it is there.

Would Mr Waltz kindly explain how the purpose of the Federal Judiciary is
to judge how justified a given interpretation of the Constitution is and
not his? He's welcome to try to mount a challenge to these bills in court.
Not to defend the ideas expressed in the bills -- I find scant little to
agree with President Trump on -- but if he's going to go claiming there are
"false claims of Constitutional content", he should perhaps follow the
proper channels[1] before complaining about them. -- H

--
If you wish to request my time, please do so using
http://bit.ly/hd1ScheduleRequest.

<https://sks-keyservers.net/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xFEBAD7FFD041BBA1>Sent
from my mobile device
Envoye de mon portable