Interesting People mailing list archives

Hamburger Economics: What We Can Learn from the ‘Big Mac’ Index

From: "Dave Farber" <dave () farber net>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2017 08:28:05 +0000

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Jonathan B Spira <jonathan.spira () accuramediagroup com>
Date: Mon, Jan 23, 2017 at 1:23 AM
Subject: Hamburger Economics: What We Can Learn from the ‘Big Mac’ Index
To: dfarber <dave () farber net>

Dave

A somewhat light-hearted look at The Economist's

light-hearted Big Mac Index:

*HamburgerEconomics: What We Can Learn from the ‘Big Mac’ Index*
<http://www.frequentbusinesstraveler.com/2017/01/hamburger-economics-what-we-can-learn-from-the-big-mac-index/>

http://accura.cc/3uo7cn

I’ve long been an admirer of The Economist’s Big

Mac Index, introduced as a light-hearted way of comparing the purchasing

power between different currencies across the globe.

Since its inception in 1986 (and I’m quite certain that its creators never

envisioned it as a global standard that has been cited in numerous papers

and economics textbooks), it’s not only been a great tool to gauge currency

misalignment but also to see what … <SNIP>

Regards/Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Szívélyes üdvözlet/Cordialement/Cordiali

saluti/Saludos/Vänliga hälsningar

/s/ Jonathan