Interesting People mailing list archives

Means for getting dishonest reviews removed:

From: "Dave Farber" <dave () farber net>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2016 08:27:27 +0000

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Paul Alan Levy <plevy () citizen org>
Date: Fri, Dec 16, 2016 at 12:05 AM
Subject: Means for getting dishonest reviews removed:
To: dave () farber net <dave () farber net>, ip <ip () listbox com>

As the statement linked from my blog post indicates, the law already
provides a method by which dishonest reviews can be removed:  it is called
a defamation

suit.  They frequently succeed, and  lead to substantial awards of damages
(and in some states attorney fees).  In states that allow injunctive relief
in defamation cases, the relief can include an injunction.  Indeed, very
what I see in my practice is that

often the person who left the review removes it in response to the mere
threat of litigation.