Interesting People mailing list archives

Re Pa recount case

From: "Dave Farber" <farber () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2016 19:17:26 -0500

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Libert, Tim" <tlibert () asc upenn edu>
Date: December 10, 2016 at 6:58:12 PM EST
To: "<dave () farber net>" <dave () farber net>
Subject: Re: [IP] Pa recount case

If it took under 48 hours to verify if in fact the androids from outer-space were here living among us we’d be crazy
not to look.  From the article: "Diamond asked for estimates on how long a partial recount of about 20,000 paper
ballots in perhaps a dozen counties and an examination of the hard drives from a sampling of paperless electronic
voting machines might take. A hand recount of the paper ballots in each of the counties could happen over one long
day, while examining hard drives might take two days, University of Michigan computer scientist Alex Halderman
testified."