Interesting People mailing list archives

National security concerns lead to close down of WiMax operation in Amsterdam

From: dfarber <dfarber () me com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 08:00:21 -0700 (PDT)

Begin forwarded message:
From: "D.H. van der Woude" <dhvanderwoude () gmail com>
Date: 22 June 2010 05:47:35 AM
To: dave () farber net
Subject: National security concerns lead to close down of WiMax operation in Amsterdam

For IP, if you want it.

The number of customers Aerea is a very well kept secret. Rumor has it that never raised above the double digits, because of quite bad signal strength indoors as well as abominable upload speeds & latency. Wimax was never rolled out to more than the city centre of Amsterdam.
However, already in February this year former Aerea CEO  Van der Vlist stated that she no longer believed in WiMax.
Link in Dutch, use Google translate
http://www.computable.nl/artikel/ict_topics/netwerken/3270162/1276932/topvrouw-alcatellucent-gelooft-niet-in-wimax.html