Interesting People mailing list archives

. Interesting question Re: The Changing Nature of Employment in the Great Recession

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2010 14:47:53 -0500

Begin forwarded message:

From: Karl Auerbach <karl () cavebear com>
Date: January 10, 2010 2:24:51 PM EST
To: dave () farber net
Cc: ip <ip () v2 listbox com>
Subject: Re: [IP] Re: The Changing Nature of Employment in the Great Recession

*From:* Rahul Tongia <tongia () cmu edu <mailto:tongia () cmu edu>>
*Date:* January 10, 2010 11:29:48 AM EST

Here are some personal thoughts/predictions:

1) The myth/hype/hope over knowledge jobs will hit reality when people come to realize these are just jobs. Quite fungible after we work out
a few kinks and legalities.

Remember the excuse of our bailed-out bankers that they have to pay huge bonuses to retain people?

One might wonder when Goldman Sachs and BofA and the like will realize that they can save a pile of $$ by hiring their people in China.

If a CT scan taken in the US can be read by a radiologist in Pakistan I certainly don't see why a pool of US derivative options can't be managed by a person in Shanghai.

       --karl--