Interesting People mailing list archives

Airport Security: BBC - Shahrukh Khan on Jonathan Ross

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2010 13:36:08 -0500

Begin forwarded message:

From: Simon Higgs <simon () higgs com>
Date: February 9, 2010 1:03:32 PM EST
To: dave () farber net
Subject: Airport Security: BBC - Shahrukh Khan on Jonathan Ross

It turns out that the images from the new full body scanners at airports do not get destroyed. Bollywood actor Shahrukh
Khan has been signing print-outs made at the security check-point by staff at Heathrow airport. See the interview here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jchXO4YKu5o

Khan, appearing on 'Friday Night With Jonathan Ross' - one of British
television's most popular weekend shows - revealed he's been turning
the controversial security machines into a public relations
opportunity at London's Heathrow airport.
"I'm always stopped by the security, because of the name. And I think
its okay: the western world is a little bit worried, paranoid and
touchy, I guess - and feely when they're frisking you," Khan told his
celebrity chat show host moments after explaining how his new film is
about a Muslim named Khan on a mission to tell the US president he is
not a terrorist.
"I was in London recently going through the airport and these new
machines have come up, the body scans. You've got to see them. It
makes you embarrassed - if you're not well endowed.
"You walk into the machine and everything - the whole outline of your
body - comes out."
Khan said he did not know that the body-scans - installed in the wake
of last year's abortive Christmas Day bombing of a transatlantic
flight over Detroit - showed up every little detail of one's body.
"I was a little scared. Something happens [inside the scans], and I
came out.
"Then I saw these girls - they had these printouts. I looked at them.
I thought they were some forms you had to fill. I said 'give them to
me' - and you could see everything inside. So I autographed them for
them."

http://www.hindustantimes.com/Shah-Rukh-signs-off-sexy-body-scan-printouts-at-Heathrow/H1-Article1-505859.aspx

--
Best Regards,