Interesting People mailing list archives

re A Family's Horror -- and the Role of Google Images

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2010 15:45:40 -0500

Begin forwarded message:

From: Jim Thompson <jim () netgate com>
Date: February 4, 2010 3:40:40 PM EST
To: dave () farber net
Cc: Lauren Weinstein <lauren () vortex com>
Subject: Re: [IP] A Family's Horror -- and the Role of Google Images

Lets be clear about a couple of things.

1) The driver was a) an adult and b) clearly responsible for the accident

The driver took the keys to her father's Porsche without permission.

CHP says she was driving the Porsche at over 100 mph, when she attempted to pass (on the left) a Honda Civic traveling about 70 mph in the far left lane, when the she clipped the Honda and lost control.

The Porsche crossed the center median, traveled across opposing lanes and the on-ramp, before colliding into a toll booth building.

The Honda hit the center median. The driver of the Honda was hurt, but lived. It was clearly *not* a "single-vehicle" accident, as you assert.

2) I'd never heard of this until your post on IP. (I'm left to wonder how many other readers are in the same position.)

3) I didn't need a name to find this (yes, I used Google). I didn't need to use Google Images, only 'web search'. Your proposed restrictions are both vapid and clueless.

Jim