Interesting People mailing list archives

Re: Olympics & Customs

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sun, 4 Oct 2009 18:55:01 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Brock N. Meeks" <bnmeeks () verizon net>
Date: October 4, 2009 6:03:12 PM EDT
To: <dave () farber net>, <carl () ciconiaco com>
Subject: Re: [IP] Olympics & Customs

Oh yeah, I totally forgot about Germany!

I ALWAYS get a warm and welcoming feeling when I fly into German airports, I guess it’s all the military troops strolling the byways with Uzis or some other type of sub-machinegun slung over their shoulder just waiting for trouble to break out. It’s just like Nicaragua, only there they are toting M-16s and sawed-off 12-gauge shotguns. I tell ya, all that warm and cheerful security makes me almost which I were an expatriate.