Interesting People mailing list archives

READ Apostrophe in Your Name? You Can't Fly!

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2009 10:47:46 -0500

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Lin, Herb" <HLin () nas edu>
Date: November 27, 2009 10:40:16 AM EST
To: dave () farber net, ip <ip () v2 listbox com>
Cc: martyn_williams () idg com
Subject: RE: [IP] Re:  Apostrophe in Your Name? You Can't Fly!

Note the hedged language - "should not" cause a problem.

What do you want to bet that it WILL cause a problem for some people?
(that is, some overzealous TSA screener will NOT be sufficiently trained
in these rules.)

I would suggest that anyone to whom this description applies (1) allow
extra time for airport security hassles, and (2) carry a copy of the TSA
web site page on which the below text is printed.

Herb Lin