Interesting People mailing list archives

Re: TSA Update

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 14:19:45 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Ed Gerck <ed () gerck com>
Date: May 15, 2009 11:13:45 AM EDT
To: dave () farber net
Cc: ip <ip () v2 listbox com>
Subject: Re: [IP] TSA Update

I read the PDF. It seems to be a marginal usability question, even though the terms should be clear and standard for the majority of users. "Passwords are not retrievable" means exactly what it says "not retrievable" -- neither the sys admin nor the user can retrieve it, although (as usual) the user may change it. The reply may take 5-7 days -- exactly right, as the submission may require human review (if you seem to be in the black list, for example). And, of course, do not expect email to be immediate and it may take hours to arrive -- even though it may arrive quite soon.

Cheers,
Ed Gerck