Interesting People mailing list archives

Re: New Kindle DX introduced - is bigger better?

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Thu, 7 May 2009 15:38:47 -0400

I agree djf

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Bob Frankston" <Bob19-0501 () bobf frankston com>
Date: May 7, 2009 3:22:45 PM EDT
To: <dave () farber net>, "'ip'" <ip () v2 listbox com>
Subject: RE: [IP] Re:    New Kindle DX introduced - is bigger better?

There’s a far bigger problem with the Kindle as a text book replacement – page turning is far too slow for skimming and exploring ideas. The Kindle is wonderful for linear reading of a story and has some other very nice characteristics. It’s a very clever design and as such is very good for the intended application but has a steep slope as you shift away from its design point.