Interesting People mailing list archives

Shovel-ready broadband stimulus

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Thu, 7 May 2009 12:55:16 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Bob Frankston" <Bob19-0501 () bobf frankston com>
Date: May 7, 2009 12:08:55 PM EDT
To: <dave () farber net>, "'ip'" <ip () v2 listbox com>
Cc: "'Dewayne Hendricks'" <dewayne () warpspeed com>
Subject: RE: [IP] Shovel-ready broadband stimulus

Why am I not surprised that economists claim that they can solve any problem by holding an auction according to rules they define? And bureaucrats say they can act as soon as they get measurements (even if they are meaningless)? And same-old business just see another revenue source. We’ve seen this show before and we’re in reruns.

I’d like to shift the focus to liberating the value in the infrastructure rather than leaving it locked into the same-old “value chain” we call telecom services.