Interesting People mailing list archives

Less we forget Whitehouse.gov

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 10:38:30 -0500

Begin forwarded message:

From: Jock Gill <jg45 () me com>
Date: January 21, 2009 9:18:56 AM EST
To: dave () farber net
Cc: Jock Gill <jg45 () me com>
Subject: Re: [IP] Whitehouse.gov

Dave,

How fast we forget. Jeff Eller hired me to develop New Media for the White House back in 1993. Working with a dynamic team of inter- departmental peers, a few of things we accomplished:

Public access email in 1993

Electronic Publication of all public White house documents in near real time -- from the start in 1993

Email on White business cards in 1993

First White House web site, Oct. 1994

Legitimizing IP email addresses, not just X.400

etc.

We all welcome Macon and his peers and look forward to all the ways they will improve upon and extend our humble beginnings.

Regards,

Jock
Jock Gill
Pellet Futures