Interesting People mailing list archives

READ. suggestions a corrected personal request

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2009 19:07:05 -0500

Begin forwarded message:

From: Paul Foldes <netcommuner1 () comcast net>
Date: December 6, 2009 2:47:47 PM EST
To: dave () farber net
Subject: suggestions a corrected personal request

Dave, I just had a similar experience on behalf of a close friend, whose father was in hospice and she had to cancel a business trip.

They told her to get a doctor's letter confirming circumstances, and then, as ticket was not refundable, they gave her a one year extension, with no change charge

My hopes and prayers for GIGI's recovery.

May I suggest asking on your list for reference to a knowledgeable doctor close friend/relative of a list member who may advise you offlist privately how you might most effectively traverse the medical industry's nonsensical and (cover your ass) procedures; which might stand in the way of her effective treatment?

Today, everyone in hospital needs a knowledgeable, effective patient advocate; and physical presence 24x7 - as, due to lack of adequate staffing, and language and culture miscues, often patient's are subject to large % probablility of preventible errors; even in the highest regarded hospitals.

A personal friend died in one such highly regarded hospital a few years ago, as there was no one to monitor her adequately.

Paul
paul foldes
pfoldes () newparadigmsolutions com

Dave Farber wrote:

Does anyone have a good contact at Expendia. We have a problem due to my wifes serious illness and a belated honeymoon my son was about to take. He obviously can not travel to Hawaii while his mom may be dying. Expedia seems not to care. I am sure this is just some low level person and not,I hope corporate policy.
Dave

Archives <https://www.listbox.com/member/archive/247/=now> <https://www.listbox.com/member/archive/rss/247/ > [Powered by Listbox] <http://www.listbox.com>